[Xastir] PNG snapshot problem

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 14 00:07:45 EDT 2003

On 13 Oct 2003, Chris Hare, KD5WIM wrote:

> I pulled down the latest development snapshot and compiled it.
>
> Everything runs fine until PNG snapshots are enabled.  Sorry Curt, it is
> still broken here.  xastir exists within a minute of enabling the
> snapshots.  The rror I consistently get is
>
> [chare at zeta xastir]$ src/xastir
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1b5354)!
> X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
> internal Xlib length error)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
>   Serial number of failed request:  1790805
> [chare at zeta xastir]$
>
> I am using the terraserver.geo as my map.

Start Xastir like this:

(xastir -v2047 2>&1) > xastir.log

And send me the output after it crashes.  If you can make it crash
quick and leave interfaces off (so the output isn't too big to look
at), that'd be most appreciated.

You could also send me your config.log file and a listing of your
operating system version, the libraries you've compiled Xastir to
use, and anything else you think would be pertinent info.

I suspect the problem is on your particular system.  We just have
to figure out why.  There are hundreds of people that are doing just
what you're doing and not having those problems.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer