[Xastir] CVS Compiling now but---

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 17 04:39:05 EDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> Got cvs compiling now - but the snapshot is broken- getting:
>
> /usr/local/bin/convert: Unable to open file (.xpm) [No such file or
> directory].
> System call return error: convert: /home/xxx/.xastir/tmp/snapshot .xpm
> -> /home/xxx/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png
>
> the space after /home/xxx/.xastir/tmp/snapshot seems bogus to me.

Somewhere along the line, either XPM or ImageMagick decided to create
XPM files where the final two characters:  "};"  are concatenated
onto the last line of the XPM file.  Once you get that kind of a
file, ImageMagick chokes on it.

Editing the XPM file, adding a LF just before those two last
characters, makes ImageMagick's "convert" happy with it again and
it can convert it to a PNG.

XV can convert it in either format.

I'm not sure whether it is something that we did or something that
XPM or ImageMagick did, but all of my systems are now broken in that
manner.  Any ideas on where to look to fix the problem are
appreciated.

I'm planning to upgrade some systems from SuSE 7.3 to SuSE 8.2
shortly, and am hoping that the problem goes away at that time.
Both XPM and ImageMagick will be upgraded by that.

This is what I get currently:

convert: Unexpected end-of-file (/home/archer/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm) [No such file or directory].
convert: Missing an image file name.
System call return error: convert: /home/archer/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm -> /home/archer/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer