[Xastir] XASTIR view packet data

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 20 12:47:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with my xastor view packet window.
> Everything else functions normally.
> TNC is inside THD7AG .
> I just get carriage returns in the window.
> I also get NET mixed in with TNC when I have it set to TNC.

My screen stops when I select TNC.  I only have NET devices here.
Are you seeing more than just your own transmit strings when you
select TNC?  I know that your own transmit strings are sent directly
into the receive/decode logic in order that they get logged
properly.  They may also go to that window (it's very likely), even
if they don't get actually transmitted over the air or the 'net.

The other two buttons show data coming in at a fast rate off of the
firenet servers.  No problems noted at all.

What widget set are you using:  Lesstif/Motif/OpenMotif?

I'm running OpenMotif.  If you're running Lesstif, the problems
you're seeing could be problems with your widget set.  Remove
Lesstif and Lesstif-devel, then install OpenMotif and OpenMotif-dev
and recompile/reinstall Xastir to see if that solves your problems.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin