[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Wed Oct 22 00:45:01 EDT 2003

I have noticed that under Linux apps such as xastir cache the DNS
server information.  I tend to move my laptop around a lot, and I have
to restart xastir and my web browser (Galeon) to get them back on the
network.  They continue to query the previous DNS servers, even though
they have been changed in /etc/resolv.conf.  I only looked at it
briefly, and could only tell that we are not doing it on purpose, just
some artifact of the system resolver library.  (Linux: Redhat 7.2,
kernel 2.4.18)

Chris.
cbell at junknet.com