[Xastir] Another possible bug with CVS.

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Oct 31 17:45:33 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> No, no, you don't understand.  I can still see the display update
> itself, like the prefmeter.  Like I said in the first letter, when the
> xastir hangs on a map reload, all I/O also stops.  So LAN activity dies
> and the connection to the APRS-IS system stops.  It's not coincidental.

Ok.  That's more info than I could glean from previous messages.
Do the Snapshot feature appear to affect this?  This sounds a bit
like some of the previous reports about Snapshot messing up map
updates.

If you turn it off and leave it off, does this problem go away?  If
so, it might have to do with the widget set not liking to do
multi-threading.  The snapshot code is the only thread that does GUI
stuff besides the main thread.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin