[Xastir] tiger maps?

Scott Ryan, AB8KN ab8kn at arrl.net
Fri Oct 31 22:23:03 EST 2003

I have recently built a RH 9.0 system and am running Xastir 1.2.0 with
OpenMotif.  I was experiencing the tiger map problem as well.  Watching
my firewall logs I could see the box trying to hit the tiger map
server.  Xastir would appear to "hang" but would eventually end up
enabled.  Althought, the timeout was far greater than the 30 seconds I
have in my tiger map settings.  Things seem much better this evening.
Incidentally, the part of the world I'm loading is Columbus, OH.

Hope that helps shed a bit of light.

73,
Scott, AB8KN