[Xastir] readme.win32 file

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Sep 3 16:15:59 EDT 2003

> Tyler,  why throw away perfectly good RPMs and install from source,
> potentially
> breaking dependencies other packages have on those libraries?

Because they arnt perfectly good RPMS. That's the problem. And you'd be
suprised at what little depends on the packages Xastir wants.

> See www.columbia.edu/~alan/xastir/ for some rpms I've cobbled together and
> collected so that the entire xastir installation can be done via rpm.

Well now see...if I'd have found your website I wouldnt have had to
rebuild everything from source ;)

The *ONLY* way for a layperson to get Xastir to run under RH9 is to find
someone like yourself who has 'rebuilt' the broken RedHat RPMS or they
have to build from source. You provided the 'rebuilt' RPMs solution and I
was providing the 'roll your own' solution.

-Tyler