[Xastir] is ImageMagick 5.5.3 still OK to use?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 17 01:25:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> In updating my Cygwin box to 1.2.1 and adding
> ImageMagick and Shapelib, i used ImageMagick 5.5.3.
>
> The output from doing ./configure seems to indicate
> it went well:
>
> Building w/shapelib:  yes
> Building w/pcre: yes
> Building w/ImageMagick: yes
>
> So will it work with 5.5.3?  I haven't gotten to
> actually trying to load the maps yet.

Sorry, can't remember which ones work well and which ones don't.  I
think it should work though.  If it configures and compiles ok with
it.

Just try the online tigermaps, toposerver, or terraserver.  Those
will tell you if wget/libcurl and ImageMagick are working properly
for you.

For Shapefiles, you'll have to download at least one and try it.
After indexing it of course.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer