[Xastir] Going slowly crazy

James Cour K1ZC at comcast.net
Wed Sep 17 18:52:27 EDT 2003

OK, there are rumors that I have been crazy for some time but it is getting worse . . .

After I update Xastir with cvs update, I finally got it to work.  Then, I went to install the extra libraries and ran into more problems.

First, I tried to install ShapeLib.  I got the error messages that the README file predicted, so I did both of the tweaks suggested.  I have edited out the extra space in the MAKEFILE at the point indicated, and have saved the change.  I went back in and verified this step - twice.  However, when I try to do a "Make" I get a warning message

undefined reference to __getreent

So, then I went in and did the tweak to usr/include/sys/reent.h to remove the extern reference and saved.  That did not improve matters, and I get the same error

Finally, I gave up on Shapelib and decide to plow ahead with ImageMagick.  I installed lcms per the instructions, and did the "make all" and "make install" steps.  No problems there.

Then I downloaded and untarred ImageMagick 5.5.7 and ran the configure step.  Xastir did not find ImageMagick (message said it could not find Magick-config) so I manually edited the config.h file to force the definition.  When I do a make after that, it bombs with the message

Cannot find magick/api.h

Of course I do have these files in the following locations:

c:\cygwin\usr\magick\api.h         and,
c:\cygwin\home\james cour\src\imagemagick\imagemagick-5.5.7\magick\magick-config

So, why is it being difficult about this?  How do I tease Xastir into finding these files?  It seems that I have done everything to download the correct libs, but I must have something wrong.

73,
Jim