[Xastir] Proper setup for NWS alerts to RF

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 18 16:54:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:

> > Im specifically looking for instructions on setting up the propegation of
> > NWS alerts to RF with Xastir. I know about the nws-stations.txt file but
> > nothing more specific about it.

I thought it was documented in some of the README's, INSTALL, or
online doc files.  Check there.  Sorry nobody responded earlier.  I
don't run an igate, so I haven't dealt with that stuff in a while.

Someone have a working file they can send to the list?

> ~/.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt
> ------
> # Indianapolis, IN
> IND
> ------
>
> I see the alerts come in on the Net log:
> ------
> INDFFS>APRS,qAO,WXSVR::NWS_ADVIS:081800z,FLOOD,INC27-51-55-83-125-ILC185
> {8DBAA
> ------
>
> Yet I see nothing but timestamps in my igate.log
>
> Anybody have any idea why it wouldnt be gating the alert?

It's possible that you might be gating it but not seeing it in the
logs.  It's also possible that you're not gating it at all, by
incorrect settings on an interface or in the Configure->Defaults
dialog, through an incorrect nws-stations.txt file, or because some
types of NWS messages don't get gated.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin