[Xastir] Motif problems

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Sep 22 06:44:29 EDT 2003

To be fair, RH puts some things in strange places, and _is_ prone to
misplacing some files.  But then again, debian plants things in places I
consider just plain strange.  I don't know about SuSE, as my last 2
attempts to load it have resulted in 'box set' software that didn't load
(before I had a decent 'net connection) and Slackware does put things
where I'm used to 'em... but then again, I think we peaked with SunOS
4.2 and went downhill in the Unix world from there.

All of 'em put things in the place where some distro guy thinks they
should go.  I'm not sure any of them is correct.  '/usr/X11R6/include'
is not an unreasonable place for Xm, just not where it was expected.

73, gerry