[Xastir] vplay - win32

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Sep 24 00:36:48 EDT 2003

Well i tried following the audio-files instructions
in README.win32 by kc2elo.  Downloaded the nasd
server zip and did everything he said.

At the bash prompt you start the server with:

nasd -local -b

and it accepts that.  I put a .wav file in the
current directory, say it was moo.wav, and run:

auplay moo.wav

And i get a message after a few seconds that it
can't find "the server" presumably the nasd server.

And when i set up the alarms in Xastir to run
auplay and put a set of sound files in both
/usr/local/xastir/sounds and
/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds

(xastir.cnf has /usr/local/xastir/sounds which
contradicts one comment made here on this topic,
so i put the sound files in both directories)

... Xastir won't play the sounds either.  So for
the moment i'm hosed on Cygwin sound alarms.

No problem -- i run Xastir 1.2.1 with shapelib &
ImMag but no sound on this Cygwin box, and run
1.2.0 with no shapelib nor ImMag on the RH9 box but
which DOES have the sounds.  Both machines are
listening on port 8000 to my Win98 clunker running
AGWPE & the radio.  The RH9 Xastir has transmitting
shut off.

Interestingly, when i first start up both boxes
running Xastir, sometimes one of them will fail to
show incoming stations.  I have to stop then restart
the 8000 interface to get Xastir to start showing the
stations.  That's happened on both Cygwin and RH9.

Orrin wn1z