[Xastir] Re: Stupid question du jour

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Sep 30 14:18:57 EDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 wes at johnston.net wrote:

> I'm compiling xastir from CVS, got Curt's IM5.5.3 from his website and copied
> the files into /usr as instructed.  xastir finds IM when running the
> ./configure, but not when it's time to display a GIF of JPG image.  I think
> it's a path problem... but I've SET MAGICK_HOME=/usr ... My install in on
> cygwin w/ winXP.  I've set magick_home in .profile , and in a bat file which I
> can run from windows....

> @echo off
> SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
> SET MAGICK_HOME=/usr
> SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin
> SET PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%

I think the problem here is that you're thinking in Windows/DOS
terms and not Cygwin/Unix terms.

You need to set MAGICK_HOME for the Unix stuff, not for DOS/Windows.

The README.win32 explains where to add it, which is your .profile
file, not a batch script.  It needs to take effect inside the BASH
shell.  Make sense?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin