[Xastir] Map Pointer Wiki Page

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 6 14:48:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Josh Keller wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 20:20, Kevin Glueck wrote:
>
> > Thanks to the work of Derrick, we now have the shapefiles crunched
> > and transferred...so they're available.  If you want an entire
> > state's files, they are available in one large zip for your convenience.
> > (or you can download individual counties, your choice).  Enjoy!
> >
> > Kevin
>
> 2 Questions...
> 1) I've noticed that the 2003 shapefiles do not include streetnames like
> the 2000 data from esri.com has, is this not included, or am I doing
> someting wrong?

You need to run with "dbfawk" enabled in Xastir.  You'll need to
start at the configure stage and do this:

    ./configure --with-dbfawk

Then compile and install again.  You'll also need to either start
with reinstall again.  You'll also need to either start with Tom
Russo's dbfawk files that he created for those maps, or create your
own.

Tom's site to get those files is listed in README.MAPS.  Perhaps we
should add notes to the XastirMaps page that talk about this stuff?

> 2) Is there any way to change the color for the shapefile data...eg turn
> all the roads bright yellow or orange or something to show up over the
> topo or terraserver maps better?

Yes, using custom dbfawk files.