[Xastir] Map Pointer Wiki Page

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue Apr 6 23:57:18 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:45:02PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <jeepin95 at comcast.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 15:06, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > >
> > > You need to run with "dbfawk" enabled in Xastir.  You'll need to
> > > start at the configure stage and do this:
> > >
> > >     ./configure --with-dbfawk
> >

> I tried as you suggested, no go...after running that it lists what is
> enabled, Building with dbfawk........ : no
> I've tried a couple of times, and copied and pasted to make sure I
> wasn't tying wrong. I've looked around and not found any other libraries
> or anything to build separatl for dbfawk support, just the --with-dbfawk
> command when configuring Xastir. Is there another library to build, or
> that I need to build differently?

You must have pcre installed.  Do you?

This is a hole in the INSTALL document.  It says pcre is recommended
for shapefile maps, but doesn't actually say that it's a prerequisite
for dbfawk.  It is.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "It is inhumane in my opinion to force people who have a genuine
  medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently
  view it as some kind of recreational activity."  -- Dave Barry