[Xastir] shapproj error

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Fri Apr 9 16:54:37 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 03:00:29PM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <kc5goi at kc5goi.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> I am trying to make the shpproj utilty so I can hopefully get the shape file
> for Denton County to display.  When I try to run make from the contrib
> directory I get the following:
>
> [root at kc5goi-gw contrib]# pwd
> /sdf3/hdc6/shapelib-1.2.10/contrib
> [root at kc5goi-gw contrib]# make
> cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  -c shpgeo.c
> In file included from shpgeo.c:64:
> shpgeo.h:70:22: proj_api.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [shpgeo.o] Error 1
> [root at kc5goi-gw contrib]#

proj_api.h is part of the Proj4 system.  Do you have that installed?
If so, where is proj_api.h?  If it's not in /usr/include, you're
missing a -I there, and might have to fudge the makefiles.  The
contrib directory doesn't autoconf.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "It is inhumane in my opinion to force people who have a genuine
  medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently
  view it as some kind of recreational activity."  -- Dave Barry