[Xastir] Cygwin

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Mon Apr 12 15:42:42 EDT 2004

Hello,

At 19:38 3-4-2004 +0200, I wrote:
>Further on you will find:
>
>start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard
>
>So it looks like the -clipboard option superseeded the Xfree86-xwinclip
>package and that you shall not load this anymore.

It looks like I jumped into a transition at Cygwin, they moved everything
from the XFree86 Category to a new X11 Category and all packages that were
prefixed with XFree86 are now prefixed with xorg-x11. Xwinclip turned up
there too (although I still think its not needed when I look at the comment).

The old XFree packages are now in the ZZZRemovedPackages Category and are
basically empty, this sort of "uninstalls" them so the xorg-x11 packages
can be installed safely without side-effects later on when the user decides
to uninstall the XFree86 packages - it can be done safely when the packages
do not contain any files anymore.

The only "active" XFree86 package I still see is XFree86-lib-compat.
Selection of X-startup-scripts still causes selection of a few of the
"Removed" packages, I guess they are not 100% finished with the transition.

Anyway, the Readme needs an update...

Kind regards,

Henk.