[Xastir] Cygwin

tbaggett at jump.net tbaggett at jump.net
Tue Apr 13 10:40:44 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
> Perhaps I should ask for a Cygwin/Windows Xastir person to send me
> updates to the docs regularly.  I must seek out a Windows box to
> check things periodically.  I tend not to do that often enough.

I haven't run Xastir from Cygwin in about ten months (I prefer Xastir under Linux), but I am a regular Cygwin user and read the Cygwin mail lists religiously.

If I read of any Cygwin changes that I suspect will affect Xastir, I will try to make note of them here.

And, yes, they did rename the Xfree86 package to Xorg-X11. Evidently, there has been a huge rift develop within the Xfree86 project which has prompted a number of developers to switch to the Xorg-X11 project.

The Cygwin setup will now list all Xfree86 packages under ZZZRemoved_Packages. When you update your Cygwin, simply select the new Xorg-X11 packages, and keep the ZZZRemoved_Packages selected so setup will remove the old Xfree86 packages.

Regards,
Tim