[Xastir] Cygwin: Getting transient dialogs ok?

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Thu Apr 15 20:33:51 EDT 2004

>One user nearby reported that his Cygwin box isn't popping up
>bulletins, incoming mail dialogs, things like that.
>
>Anyone else having that sort of trouble?

Yes.  If xastir isn't currently the active window (or maybe it just happens
if it is minimized) then the dialog box will show up on the task bar but it
is impossible to get it to show up on the screen.  One has to go to the
task bar and right click on that window and click close - there is no way
to recover it.  I've found that when people send me a message and it does
this I just close the window and then go to view/message traffic and look
for it there.

I've always assumed it was a cygwin problem, but maybe not...

73 - Matt