[Xastir] manually generated tiger map problem

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Wed Apr 21 18:05:53 EDT 2004

Why are you going through such effort?  Turn off your feed, clear all
stations and turn on snapshots.  Then take a look at .xastir/tmp.  You
will find snapshot.png and snapshot.geo.  If you want to have multiple
stored maps rename both files to something meaningful, edit
snapshot.geo and reference the new name.

I did a whole bunch of maps at different levels like this for a demo
where I had no Internet connection.  I did tiger, terraserver and
toposerver maps.  Boy were people blown away!  Since they were local
they really loaded fast as well.

Dana
N1OFZ