[Xastir] Image Magick Question

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 25 21:00:49 EDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> Well, I guiess I'm having the same issue of not having ImageMagick being
> recoginized. I de-installed 6.0 and then installed 5.5.7 via YaST (what came
> with the distro) and had the same result...

Including the imagemagick-devel package?

> checking for Magick-config... yes
> checking magick/api.h usability... yes
> checking magick/api.h presence... yes
> checking for magick/api.h... yes
> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:  Building w/o
> ImageMagick support. ***

ImageMagick often needs other libraries (that aren't specified in
it's spec file) in order to compile it into other programs.

Looks like you have the devel package installed (the .h files).

Check the config.log file for the section where it is trying to
check for "WriteImage in -lMagick".  It is likely that it is looking
for a jpeg library, a tiff library, a gif library, or perhaps the
lcms library.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer