[Xastir] Can I ???

Special Account engineer at NCSHP.ORG
Wed Apr 28 10:44:16 EDT 2004

Have xastir running on Fedora and am quite taken with it... Kudos' to
the developers !

So a newbie question... apologize in advance.

I need to have a number of (for lack of a better term) object databases
show on the map display.

The "database" (now in a spreadsheet - but there are ways to export it)
has in it:

Hospitals
Fire stations
Police Stations
Emergency Shelters
Logistics Depots
Water Supply Points
Repeaters

Associated with these "objects" are location, capacity, capability,
contact frequency, etc; I'd like to "plot" them on my map display and
when I mouse over the "object" and get the "station info" I see the
associated data with the object.

How can I do this with xastir? (a newbie I am... a programmer I'm
not)...

THANKS in advance
ALOHA
AH6LS