[Xastir] Different .shp file formats?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 29 12:16:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Nick Kartsioukas wrote:

> I had no .idx files, but I found some .shx files, and put those with the
> .shp and .dbf files.

Sorry about that.  SHX/SHP/DBF are the ones of interest, and PROJ
later.

> When I index the maps now, however, I get an error
> that there is no DBFAWK signature for shapefile x.

It's a warning.  It's telling you that it can't find a match for the
columns in your DBF file, so you'll end up getting the vectors
drawn, but you won't end up with pretty colors, different line
widths, or labels for those vectors.