[Xastir] RE: Filter Parameter for Internet Server/METARS/FIRENET

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Thu Apr 29 13:48:51 EDT 2004

Metar products are sent out on both the APRS-IS and FireNet.  FireNet
carries the full Metar feed while the APRS-IS gets some, where requested.

If you have never looked at the data on FireNet, I invite you to do so.
Connect Xastir to :

firenet.us   port 10152   and leave it connected for at least one hour to
see the full impact of data on your screen.

All FireNet servers have 14580 user defined filter ports as well.  You can
see everything from the APRS-IS
and FireNet data there.

FireNet now has a special port that will allow interfacing with NON-HAM
public services.  CERT, Citizens Corps,
Fire Departments, Police Departments, REACT, RED CROSS, etc., can use this
port on Firenet and it will not affect the APRS-IS.

Please give it a try.

Jim, WA6OFT
FireNet Coordinator