[Xastir] Anyone else seeing extra stations with new SSID?

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Mon Aug 2 13:26:51 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 12:04, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> We're seeing extra stations pop up around here with -5 added to the
> source and destination callsigns.  Anyone else seeing similar
> things?
I haven't seen that with Xastir, except with our digi here, K5ZRO.

> One example is SEDRO digi, which shows up on the internet as SEDRO
> and SEDRO-5.  The -5 appears to have been added by an Xastir igate.
>
> I'd like to find out if it is a general code problem or perhaps some
> weird TNC problem at that one station.
It's probably the station, I'm not sure you would have to check it out.
Our digipeater, K5ZRO use to do that when it was messing up, it seems
that the bug has been fixed a while back, but it use to produce some
messed up callsigns, so I'm going to say check the hardware, as ours was
equipment issues. I'm not sure of all the details, but I know who to get
in contact with to find out.

Hope that helps.

73 and good luck

KD5WCR

> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org, http://www.chrisabbott.net
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.
That's why I use Linux. Ximian Evolution 1.4.6