[Xastir] dbfawk display_level question

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Thu Aug 5 19:27:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:45:08PM +0000, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <jeepin95 at comcast.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> I'm trying to customize the dbfawk file for the 2000 ESRI shapefile data and I'm having problems with the display_level option, it doesn't seem to be working at all.
>
> I turned on the shapefile in the map selector without any max or min zoom settings. I then modified tried modifying the dbfawk file to adjust some of the display levels, but it continues to display everything. I tried setting everything to a really low setting to see if any of it work work, but it doesn't seem to. I am able to change the color settings in the same file and those changes do take effect.

Do you have Map->Enable Map Levels turned on?  I believe it defaults to off.
I don't know why.

With that not checked, the display level checks in the code are all skiped.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey