[Xastir] AX.25 question

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Fri Aug 6 06:01:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,

One more question to everyone.  Is there anyone using DRSI cards in
their Xastir box?  My Xastir box is also my DX cluster box.  In it I
have multiple DRSI cards instead of tncs.  I have a spare port and
would like to use it for Xastir.  The problem is when I try to enable
the port I get  socket: Operation not permitted.

I figure it is a port permission issue.  I read through the docs and
did find helpful info on this issue but I don't think it relates to
DRSI cards as there is no device in /dev.  FYI the DRSI cards are
brought up with sccinit after I load the scc module.  Then I attach the
ports via 'ifconfig sccX hw ax25 N1OFZ-X' and 'ifconfig sccX
192.168.17.X netmask 255.255.255.192 mtu 512 up'

Anyone ever done this?
Dana
N1OFZ