[Xastir] 1.3.3 Aug 5, 2004 Snapshot Problem

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 8 18:21:03 EDT 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> I had a similar problem with xastir 1.3.3 (tarball download) on FC2.
> Turns out the ImageMagick config failure was actually because libexif
> was missing.  I pulled that rpm off the install disk and the problem
> went away.

In the cases where you have to go into config.log to find out what
package ImageMagick is upset about, please report those missing
packages back to the people who create your Linux Distribution and
perhaps to the ImageMagick developers.  What's going on is that the
RPM "spec" file is missing these dependencies, so when you go to
compile something against ImageMagick, you don't have what you need.

Get them to fix the spec file for these additional dependencies.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer