[Xastir] automated objects

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 11 13:21:29 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Hurt, Gerald wrote:

>  Curt, I think I missed part of this thread, but is there documentation
> on use of the server port? What format is the user/passcode sent? (i.e.
> n0xvb/12345)

It's the same setup as logging on to an internet server.

"telnet localhost 2023" will get you the data streaming towards you.
To authenticate, you send "user xxxx pass yyyy", at which point
you'll be able to send stuff upstream.

    "user WE7U-13 pass XXXX vers XASTIR 1.3.3"

Connect another APRS client to that port and it should authenticate
and be able to send to any server that Xastir is connected to, as
well as receive packets from all ports/servers Xastir is hooked to.
Exceptions to this currently are some of the binary ports, like
Serial KISS, where the packets will be the raw stuff that Xastir is
receiving on that port, not the internet-compatible TAPR-2 style
packet format that you expect from a server.