[Xastir] Multiple messages continue

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Wed Aug 11 14:04:40 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
To: "Matt Werner" <kb0kqa at arrl.net>
Cc: <xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Multiple messages continue

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Matt Werner wrote:
>
> > I'm still receiving multiple messages of emails sent to this list (and
only
> > this list).
> >
> > I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing.
>
> Did you try changing your options so that it doesn't send you
> multiple copies?  That's one of the selections on that web page.

If you are referring to the setting "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?"
then yes, it is set to yes.  That option apparently only refers to messages
that are sent with my email address in the To: or Cc: fields.  I am getting
multiple copies of ALL messages.  I have since received a FOURTH copy of the
email that I used as my example earlier today.

I don't see anything in the options that would address my problem.

> Another slightly more unlikely possibility is that it is receiving
> bounces or simulated bounces (a new spam trick) and then thinking it
> has to try to resend it to you.

Is there a way we can address this?

Thanks!

73 - Matt