[Xastir] Tigermap problems at the server?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 23 12:48:41 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> Was  going to say all internet ports do not work here.
> first, second, third and all the others interface error

Was that a temporary problem?  I've had no trouble connecting to the
servers.

They've made some changes to the servers lately, don't recall
exactly which ones, so perhaps the ones you list were not involved.
Something to do with requiring unique logins to the servers, so if
you're running the same SSID connecting to multiple servers from one
client or from several, you'll have problems.  You'll have to
connect with a unique login/passcode exactly once.  As I understand
it, the second login with the same credentials will knock off the
first connection.

If you have two clients or two connections from one client using the
same credentials, and they are set to keep retrying the connections,
you'll ping-pong between them as each new connection knocks the old
connections off.