[Xastir] strcat/strcpy/strncpy functions

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Thu Aug 26 01:34:23 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
To: "Tom Robson, ve7did" <ve7did at dccnet.com>
Cc: <xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] strcat/strcpy/strncpy functions

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:
>
> > Just got the latest from anon.   On first run, no icons were displayed.
> > Exited and restart and all icons appear except home station.  Checked
the
> > View>All Stations and home station data is there, although comments are
> > truncated after 3 characters for all stations.
>
> That's all you need!
>
> You know, I think I might have seen that yesterday but didn't pick
> up on it.  I'll check into it.  Probably there'll be a fix at
> lunchtime today for that.

Has this been resolved?

I am using a CVS version that is about 24 hours old and am still seeing
something similar.  I am wondering if it is my equipment or xastir.  I'm
seeing packets truncated by about 1+ characters on the end (everything is
there except the last few characters).  The number of characters cut off
seems to vary with the length of the packet.  Some are fine, some just
missing one or two characters.  One in a very short log file is missing 10
characters when compared to the raw data from findu.  This is being observed
in the view/incoming data and also in the tnc log file.  I can provide an
example log file if needed.  It seems to affect most all packets, although
some do sneak through unharmed.  Wreaks havoc on MIC-E packets for example.

My TNC is connected directly to xastir as a KISS TNC.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this (especially anyone connecting
their KISS TNC directly to xastir)...

73 - Matt