[Xastir] Libgeotiff & OS X

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Aug 26 13:23:15 EDT 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 11:08 AM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> There's no guarantee a shared library can be relocated into a static
> binary at link time instead of at run time.

Yeah, but a quick glance seems to indicate there's a static (.a) as
well as a dynamic version available for most of the stuff that xastir
needs that isn't part of the basic system.

> But if it works for you, override LDFLAGS?

I tried "LDFLAGS=-static ./configure" but configure blew up with gcc
failing to find libcrt0.o which apparently doesn't exist on Mac OS X.

When I have time to play with it I may try to just remove all the
dynamic libraries and see if xastir will link correctly.

-Jason
kg4wsv