[Xastir] Xastir with festival on cygwin!

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Mon Aug 30 14:34:53 EDT 2004

Tom Russo wrote:
> Even if he lets it sit and link for a few days, odds are good it'll just be
> too slow for him anyway.  And this is just the initial build, with minimal map

I just built Xastir from CVS on Windows yesterday and clocked the linker
using over 200 MB of memory. That was on a 600 MHz w2k laptop with 256
MB RAM. After the compilation is done, Xastir itself works fine and
doesn't use excessive amounts of RAM. Although scrolling/zooming the map
tends to get rather slow with the raster maps I'm using. I guess on the
same machine what comes to speed, Xastir on Windows will lose 6-0 to
UI-View on Windows, for example.

   Tapio