[Xastir] Mac OS X Compiling Question

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Wed Dec 1 09:58:17 EST 2004

Dana's site has lots of good info. I often forget to install the x11SDK
when I either reinstall or setup a new machine. I downloaded the newest
xcode tools for free from the developer site at apple. Actually it
comes with some cool programs, including some neat c editing tools. I'm
not a coder but it comes in handy when I have to apply temporary
patches when I can't wait a few hours for CVS!

Recently I have been playing with map caching code for Bdb4.2. Very
cool, thank you very much for this feature. I used fink to install db42
and db42-shlibs. If we could add the standard apple locations for our
lib and include files to the probe it would cut down my configure
command. Here is what I am using now.

./configure --prefix=/sw --with-bdb-incdir=/sw/include/db4
--with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib

Man, that is a mouthful. Thank goodness for .bash_history

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY