[Xastir] Compile Failure for Mac OSX

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 3 17:06:58 EST 2004

Jason,

Here's what I get when I do echo $path:

[Jons-Computer:/usr/local/bin] jon% echo $path
/sw/bin /sw/sbin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /Users/jon /usr/X11R6/bin

So /usr/local/bin is not included.  So that looks like the problem.

I tried doing your export PATH=$Path:/usr/local/bin command.  I'm
assuming that will add the directory to the path environment variable.
However, is there something wrong in the syntax of the command?  I get
the following error:

[Jons-Computer:/usr/local/bin] jon% export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
tcsh: Bad : modifier in $ (/).

Sorry for all the hand-holding.  I'm just not a Unix expert yet!  :-)

Thanks,

Jon

On Dec 3, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Jason Winningham wrote:

> do echo $PATH and see if /usr/local/bin is in there; or just type
> Magick-config and see what happens.
>
> If you get
>
> g5:~ jdw$ Magick-config
> -bash: Magick-config: command not found
>
> then you have a path problem.  if you can't find it, xastir's
> configure probably won't find it either.  Try this:
>
> g5:~ jdw$ export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
you."

              - Gandalf

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177