[Xastir] Compile Failure for Mac OSX

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 3 17:57:59 EST 2004

Jason,

I'm running Panther (the latest OS X) but it was an upgrade from
Jaguar.  I know the default shells are different on an upgrade vs. a
new install.  I don't know enough to know which shell is really the
best.

Anyhow, looks like that command took and I can now type in the
Image-Magick command.  I'm going to start recompiling and hopefully
this time it will work!

Thanks,

Jon
On Dec 3, 2004, at 4:40 PM, Jason Winningham wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2004, at 4:06 PM, Jon Ogden wrote:
>
>> [Jons-Computer:/usr/local/bin] jon% export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
>> tcsh: Bad : modifier in $ (/).
>
> I gave you bash commands.  Looks like you're using tcsh (probably an
> older OS X) which has a different syntax. Try
>
> set path = ($path /usr/local/bin)
>
> instead of that "export" command line.
>
> It's been about 13 years since I did csh on a regular basis, so
> someone may need to correct me...
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

        - Oscar Wilde

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177