[Xastir] OS X - ImageMagick install problems

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 5 18:34:02 EST 2004

OK for you OS X/Unix gurus:

I've been trying to get Xastir fully up and running but with limited
success.  I've followed the steps on N1OFZ's website to get Xastir up
and running.  The problem is with ImageMagick.  I've not been able to
fully install it so I can't get Xastir fully operational.

1.) If I try to install ImageMagick from Fink, all I get are the
libraries.  None of the ImageMagick executables are installed.  Maybe I
am doing something wrong, but I've tried everything that I can think
of.  In addition, the version of ImageMagick that Fink uses is old.

2.) I tried downloading and installing ImageMagick from the ImageMagick
website.  I managed to get it compiled and up and running, but I cannot
get JPEG, TIFF and PNG files working.  It either doesn't recognize
those image libraries (installed with Fink).  I know this because when
I do a ./configure when compiling ImageMagick it tells me it is
compiling w/o JPEG support.  I did try to download and install the JPEG
libraries of the ImageMagick site, but I had no luck getting those to
work right with the software either.

So I am stuck.

Obviously getting Fink to work would be the best.  I am annoyed that in
order to submit a bug report on the program I have to create a
sourceforge account (yet ANOTHER account on the web that I don't need).
  And I think ImageMagick support is nothing more than a web based
newsgroup and from what I've seen the help there is somewhat cryptic
and not easy to follow.  So I am asking here.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"Try not to become a man of success.  Rather become a man of value."

                 - Albert Einstein

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177