[Xastir] Cygwin and dbfawk

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 8 09:55:38 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Matt Werner wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get my cygwin version of xastir going again after not
> > touching it for quite a few months.  I have a current version (from
> > cvs).  When I do a ./configure, it tells me that ImageMagick,
> > Shapelib, and ErrorPopups are configured (with a yes), everything else
> > is no.  It tells me this whether I do a ./configure --with-dbfawk or
> > just ./configure.
> >
> > What else is required to get dbfawk to work?  It's been so long since
> > I did it on the Linux box that I can't remember now.  I did a grep for
> > dbfawk in the main xastir directory and got some hits in a couple of
> > files but didn't see anything that held the answer.
>
> Shapelib and pcre lib

I'd recommend that you do these steps.  It'll get more stuff running
for you:

    cd /home/<user>/src/xastir
    cvs update

View the README.win32 file.  Start up the Cygwin setup.exe program
again and enable everything that we have on our list of Cygwin
packages.  There have been quite a few added, plus the X-Windows
stuff changed around a while back.

After you get Cygwin updated properly, do this:

    cd /home/<user>/src/xastir
    ./update-xastir

That's a new script that does the whole shebang for you.