[Xastir] Finally 100% Installed on Windows Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 9 15:15:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, N7YGE wrote:

> I just want to thank the group for all the help on helping me get through
> the update Windows Xastir on my Notebook with 256 Megs of RAM.  It appears
> you need more than 256 Megs of RAM so it does not take 5 plus hours to run a
> update/make. I was not hanging in there long enough to get past the id.exe
> file working at a RAM usage rate between 150 to 200 megs.  My machine ran
> sloooooow.  Once I got through the update, things got better for running
> configure and make for individual packages.

Found this, which might be of interest:

If anyone knows of ways to speed up the Cygwin compile, let us know.
Perhaps less optimized code options?

I'm going to take out the "-g" option from the compile, to see if
that helps.  Other people wanted that done anyway, so this kills two
birds with one stone perhaps.