[Xastir] USB to Serial Adapter Problem

Steve West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Sat Dec 11 18:36:40 EST 2004

I've put a Belkin F5U109 on a laptop without a serial port, and I'm
getting a strange symptom. Looks like a flow control problem, but I'm
not sure.

When I start Xastir (on Windows XP) I get incoming stations until just
after the TNC (KPC-3) gets initialized by Xastir. If I close Xastir and
crank up Hyperterminal, I see the incoming data. This setup also works
with UI-View.

On my Linux laptop, the same tnc-startup.sys file, cable, TNC, etc.
works fine. What I don't know is if Cygwin handles the serial port
differently, or if the F5U109 does something odd. Is anyone else using
this configuration and have it working?
--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems