[Xastir] No response to APRSD?

Jason Hitesman jradio at hitesman.com
Sat Dec 11 20:35:46 EST 2004

Finally got my antennas up on the roof today and was doing some testing
with a couple of local elmers.  Sounds like I'm finally getting out much
better (was even able to chop my path down and still hit the igate!) and
I think I'm hearing more local stations direct.

But I'm having problems confirming.  It seems Xastir isn't responding to
?APRSD queries.  Is this correct or something funky with my setup?  It
responds to Pings and other ?APRSx queries but not the D/Directs query.

I also can't find any way to bring up a simple list of stations heard
directly....just a way to turn off all but directs on the map which is
kind of indirect and not as convienant as a list.

Am I just missing something?

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ