[Xastir] No response to APRSD?

Jason Hitesman jradio at hitesman.com
Sun Dec 12 15:43:39 EST 2004

Tom Russo wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 11:53:32AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
>
> Can't say why it isn't working for Jason, but it's not that it's not
> implemented.

FWIW I did a CSV update yesterday after being told I wasn't responding
to APRSD requests and it made no difference, but at least I know I'm
running the latest and greatest again.

It's not that big of a deal to me (though having an easy way to pull up
a list in the UI would be nice since I've been testing various antenna
setups and it's nice to know what lets me hear the most directly.)

However, the local UI-View addicts are giving me a lot of grief over my
system not responding to it and they use it fairly frequently as there's
a lot of local interest in mapping our network to determine who can hear
who from where and when.

Any thoughts on what I can/should do to figure out why it's not
responding?  Other APRSx requests seem to work as expected, and so does
messaging so I don't think it's anything in the messaging code itself or
  with my RF setup.

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ