[Xastir] ESRI shapefiles and dbfawk

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Dec 15 02:53:09 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:46:26AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:06:21AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jewen at shaw.ca> flavor, containing:
>
> > I have guessed at a few possible patterns, none of which work.
> > /^NATRDCLASS=FREEWAY/ { lanes=4;color=4; next}

BTW, once you know what fields there are (through dbfinfo) and what
the values of those fields can be (through supplied metadata/users guides
or by detective work), it can help to use the program 'testawk' that's built
(but not installed) when you build xastir.

There is some help in README.MAPS about how to use testawk.  What this
program will do is run your dbfawk file over a shapefile and dump out
the various variable settings it'll use for each shape found.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins