[Xastir] USB to Serial Adapters

Steve West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Wed Dec 15 21:16:11 EST 2004

Just wanted to post what I have found out. The Belkin F5U109 drivers do
not seem to be happy with Windows XP. There appears to be a problem with
DSR. UI-View is able to work, but my laptop seems to crash a lot when I
am using this adapter, but not otherwise. I have read that Windows 98
does not have this problem with the adapter. I have also run across
comments about getting this device to work with Linux.

Now the good news! The USB to Serial adapter from Radio Shack works
properly with Windows XP, Cygwin, and Xastir.
--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems