[Xastir] Map projection (Re: Breaking up shapefiles)

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Sun Dec 19 02:40:46 EST 2004

Curt Mills wrote:
> Makes me really look forward to the day when we can pre-process all
> of our map data as we import it into our datastore, then pull it out
> at lightning speed in the datum/coordinates we like for drawing.

This reminds me to ask about the "natural" map projection in Xastir. If
I were to construct raster maps, what would be the ideal projection for
Xastir? I.e. the map would not have to be rotated or twisted or turned
to be seen properly in Xastir, only linearly scaled up or down to fit
the zoom level. I assume the datum is WGS-84.

   Tapio