housekeeping datastructures [was Re: Breaking up shapefiles Re: [Xastir] ESRI shapefiles and dbfawk]

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 19 16:26:58 EST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> I would just need to write a safe destructor for a single shpinfo item
> (which would pretty much mean nothing more than migrating 6 lines of code
> from destroy_shp_hash to a separate routine), write a short routine to
> scan the hash table for stale entries and kill them, and get it called
> every so often.  Make a slider in the "timing" dialog to set the period
> for purging them, and the job's done.

Just create a function that you can call from main.c:UpdateTime().
Make that new function keep its own timer and just return if it's
not time to check the structs yet.  That's your tie-in to a periodic
check.  It's where all our periodic checks are linked in.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer