[Xastir] Re: no maps show up again

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 20 11:10:23 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> Sorry about this, but after adding libgeotiff & proj in the order given and in
> the method given in the docs, I have lost all ability to read maps!
> Not even the vector maps show up and the programs segfaults when asked to
> reindex all maps.
>
> I think this was someones problem before and I do not remember the
> solution....
>
> I have deleted map--sys and index.sys files to no avail.
> Recompiled xastir from a cvs update of a few months ago that I kept as a
> backup,  to no avail....

It's most likely that there's a major problem either with the
geotiff maps you're trying to use or the install of your libraries
for that format.

Try making the geotiff map files unreadable, perhaps by putting
them in a subdirectory and then making that subdirectory inaccessible
via chmod.

An alternative is to try "configure --without-libgeotiff" and then
"make install" to see if the above is your problem.