[Xastir] map caching

Dan Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Mon Dec 20 13:19:07 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:24:47 -0500
> From: ke4lkq <ke4lkq at doramefa.us>
> To: xastir at xastir.org
> Subject: [Xastir] map caching
>

> Cannot seem to find anything in the docs about map caching.  What's required
> and how to use.

There's not much there, really. I've sent about a paragraph to Curt
as documentation, that has been included near the end of the "README.MAPS"
file.

Basically, what you need is Berkeley DB 4 or better libraries and includes
installed on your machine.  If "configure" can find the libraries caching
will be enabled by default.  It only works with Tigermaps, at the moment.

If you have it installed, but the configure doesn't find it automatically,
there are some configure options to point it in the right direction:

--with-bdb-incdir=DIR
--with-bdb-libdir=DIR

For example, for a Mac OS X system with Fink installed Berkeley, I use:

--with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib/db4/

and it finds what it needs.

> Can soneone point it out?

It will be noted at the end of the configure process, in the table of
things which are enabled or not enabled.

73, N8YSZ.

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org