[Xastir] Re: Help installing Cygwin/Xastir

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 23 23:18:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Tom Tessier wrote:

> For anyone interested, I also made up a Cygwin/Xastir CD. Not as flexible as
> Bill's but it's a one-double click process. Double-click and don't touch the
> computer for 5 minutes, since it uses Autoit and moving the mouse can cause
> it to miss a step. Total install takes about half an hour, more if the
> Canadian Toporama maps are included (add 400 MB). It has Imagemagick and
> Shapefile support. $10 would cover shipping to the US, the CD and
> mailer....I found it works on Win98 and XP but not on Win95 or WinME.

Pointers to both projects are listed at the top of the README.win32
file.

Tom:  I got your CD but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
I'm anxious to see it work.  Might it work on Win2000?  If you don't
know the answer to that one yet, I'll be able to tell you soon.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer